Preventative Maintenance is something that’s recommended from drive manufacturers, think of it as getting the oil changed on your car. This pre-emptive strike on your drives discovers and correct’s the most common conditions that lead to costly drive failures. Saving you money and downtime.
Regular preventative maintenance by IDEAL service is a cost-effective solution for anyone without the proper training, background, equipment, or time to perform these procedures.
What do you get?
- Cleaning – As needed.
- Grounding – Verify complete and proper grounding
- Performance Checks – Voltage and current checks.
- Current Checks – Phase to phase balance and ground current.
- Temperature Checks – We monitor temps to discover any possible issues.
- Visual Inspection – Verify fan operation, check for potential hazards.
- Recommendations Report – We will provide a report of any immediate or potential problems.
Yes! Most Drives have a lifecycle of around 7-10 years. A drive that has gotten Preventative Maintenance during its lifecycle lasts on average around 4 years longer, which saves you lot of money over that time.
For example If the Drive cost $2,000 when you bought it new, those 4 extra years would equate to around $200 saved per year.
What does it cost?
- 10 or more units–$35.00 per unit, 1 hour of travel included. Travel charges after 1 hour billed at standard rate.
- 9 or fewer units–$35.00 per unit, travel billed at standard rate.
In our experience, preventative maintenance will reduce the likelihood of a drive failure.
However, this does not guarantee that a particular unit will not fail.
As part of our PM service, if an item fails within 1 year of our maintenance,
we will credit $35.00 toward Ideal’s service of that item.